This necklace is out best-seller at Toronto markets and a huge favourite with our local customers.
We actually have a hard time keeping them in stock because its such a versatile piece that can be worn two ways. You can wear it as a simple half-and-half necklace with the freshwater pearls and stainless steel barb wire chain in the front. Or, you can wear it with the toggle clasp and charm in the front.
Symbolism behind the Evil Eye: The history of the evil eye can be traced back to ancient Greece and Rome. The belief was that certain people had the power to cast a curse on others simply by looking at them. To protect themselves from the curse, people began using amulets or charms with the image of an eye on them as a form of protection. Nowadays, it is associated with warding off bad energy and malicious intent.
Pearls are the June birthstone. They have long been associated with the moon and represent innocence, purity, faith, love, and balances emotions.
- Can be made in 3 lengths: 15”, 16” or 17”. Anything bigger would be an extra cost.
- Charm measures 0.75” (2cm) in length and at its widest point it is 0.75” (2cm).
- Evil Eyes charm is enamel on stainless steel.
- Freshwater pearls are 8mm x 5mm and are a creamy white.
- The hand-formed stainless steel chain is hypoallergenic for most skin types and never tarnishes.
- Toggle Clasp is organically shaped and stainless steel.
- Please, allow 5-8 business days for the piece to be handmade in our studios in Toronto, Ontario.