Koi River Necklace
The Koi River Necklace is an eclectic and modern piece.
A cross between a choker necklace and a lariat it is beautiful when worn with a crewneck sweater, tank top, or a plunging dress. It features a hand-carved Mother-of-Pearl Koi fish as a focal point which is then encircled by freshwater pearls sourced from Japan. Koi fish in traditional Chinese and Japanese culture symbolize the following: good fortune, success, prosperity, longevity, courage, ambition, and perserverance. Silvery white Koi fish like the one featured usually represent wealth and good business. A vintage brass snake chain hangs downwards as the lariat portion of the necklace and ends with a brass capped teardrop freshwater pearl as a finishing detail.
Pearls have long been associated with the moon and represent innocence, purity, love, and balances emotions. Mother-of-Pearl attracts prosperity. It is a gemstone of intuiton, sensitivity, and imagination.
- ***Can be made with MOSTLY sterling silver findings and choker base***
- Hoop choker is made from plated oxidized brass with an anti-tarnish coating.
- Hoop choker measures 16" internally and has a clip closure.
- Vintage brass lariat part of necklace hangs 6" down.
- Uses Mother-of-Pearl and Cultured Freshwater pearls from Japan (these like anything not made by man will have imperfections that are nature's design).
- Made in Canada.